Chess: Skills, Tactics, Techniques
Most chess books for beginners are aimed at teaching children the basics, but surprisingly few are aimed at adults who want to learn the game. Written by one of our authors, Chess: Skills, Tactics, Techniques teaches you everything you need to know to go from being a complete beginner at chess, to competitive league chess.
– Standard chess rules and basic notation
– How to use each piece effectively
– Tactics and strategy: how to plan for success
– The three phases: openings, middlegames and endgames
– Advanced techniques: analysing a position; opening repertoires; when to sacrifice; key endgame principles
– Hints and tips for developing chess further
– Using computers for analysis and preparation
NB: We are only retailing this product; we are not the publishers of it.